9.02.2008

The Big Easy

I thought this movie was mediocre. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. I understand that its an 80's movie, so I won't mock the cheesy quality and action scenes. The Louisiana accents were horrible!! They sometimes had it, then would slip every once in a while. Besides the accents, I would have to say the only other issue I had was the plot. I followed it easy. It was about a detective getting caught up in a bunch of murders of mob scene people. He meets an attorney who he ends up liking and what not... I just didn't find and even balance between his love life and his job. A crime would happen, they would investigate together, then they would be doing some lovey dovey thing two minutes later like the crime means nothing. I also didn't get the fact that she was so pissed off at him for being a "bad" cop and not following the rules, but ends up forgiving him on the drop of a hat. There was no real big fight or anything, just mad glares in a court room...
I must say though, the best part of the film has to be the gorgeous body Dennis Quaid lets us see!! So over all, its an ok movie, but not one I would like to own or watch over and over....

No comments: